The CE-445-04 regulator is designed for use on 2004-2005 FLH-FLT with 38 or 48 amp alternators.
Remove Old Regulator
1) Unplug regulator/stator connectors.
2) Unplug regulator B+ wire.
3) Disconnect regulator GND. Wire.
4) Unbolt regulator and remove.
Install New Regulator
1) Mount new regulator. Reuse stock ¼’ nuts to fasten regulator to frame.
2) Connect regulator B+ plug
3) Connect GND. wire
2) Connect stator/regulator plug mounted on the regulator. Insert plug until locking tab locks.
4) Check the routing of all wires to be sure they are not in a vulnerable position. Keep wires away from exhaust pipes and moving parts. Be sure wires are not in the very bottom of lower frame or they will get pinched if you bottom out.
Replace all wire ties previously cut and add new ones where necessary.
5) Start motor and Test battery voltage. Standard models should run 14.4 to 14.6 volts.
Have A Good Ride!!
For complete product listing and technical information see our web site.