The CE-601 is a three-phase regulator designed to fit all 2001 and later Softails.
Remove Old Regulator
1) Disconnect battery negative terminal.
2) Disconnect regulator DC wire
3) Disconnect ground wire.
Note: if you tie a piece of fishing line to the ring terminal of old regulator wire before pulling wire out. You can use this cord to pull the new wire in place.
3) Take note of how old wire is routed. Cut wire ties and remove wire.
4) Unbolt regulator and remove.
Install New Regulator
1) Mount new regulator.
2) Route DC+ output wire to the silver post on the main circuit breaker
3) Connect AC plug to stator, on rubber mount models keep wires away from front motor mount. It moves and can damage wires.
4) Check the routing of all wires to be sure they are not in a vulnerable position. Keep wires away from exhaust pipes and moving parts. Be sure wires are not in the very bottom of lower frame or they will get pinched if you bottom out.
Replace all wire ties previously cut and add new ones where necessary.
5) Reconnect battery and start motor. Test battery voltage. All “L” model regulators should run between 13.7~14.1 Standard models should run 14.2 to 14.6 depending on what model you have.
Have A Good Ride!!