The CE-64T is a three phase charging system designed to fit all 2004-2005 Dyna models as a direct replacement for stock.†
These are generalized instructions and are not intended to be all-inclusive. For more detail see a service manual on your model.
1) Disconnect negative battery terminal.
2) Drain primary case oil.
3) Remove outer primary cover.
4) Consult appropriate service manual and remove compensator sprocket.
††††††††††† Note: After several thousand miles it may be possible to remove the compensator sprocket and chain adjustor shoe without removing the clutch. Caution: Do not put excessive side force on chain.
5) Remove output shaft extension. Take note of all shims and spaces between output shaft extension and rotor.
6) Remove rotor.
7) Unplug regulator from stator and remove plastic plug receptacle from stator side. Use a small needle nose pliers to remove the orange lock clip from inside the plug. Then use a same small screwdriver to release the locking tab and remove each wire from the plug receptacle one at a time.
8) Remove 4 stator-mounting screws. Remove 2 stator plug clamp screws. Remove stators.
1) Install the stator wire through the hole in the case. Pull gently on the wires to seat the case sealing grommet. On twin cam models the first lip on the grommet well come all the way through and seat on the out side of the case.
2) Mount stator to engine case with new mounting screws (supplied). Screws have thread-locking compound already applied. Torque screws to 30-40 in-lbs.
3) Install stator wires into plug housing. Insert wires in hole #1 #2 and #3. It dose not matter which wire goes in which hole. Push in until terminal snaps in. after all three wires are fully inserted install the orange locking clip.
4) Install rotor slowly. Take care not to let the magnets hit the stator. Do not let the rotor snap in to place or magnet damage may occur.
Note: no shims are used under the rotor on Twin Cam models.
5) Reinstall any shims and spacers removed in step 6 of Alternator Removal.
6) Install compensator sprocket with chain adjuster
†Shoe, and clutch if removed.
7) Adjust primary chain.
8) Check primary chain alignment. Adjust if necessary
Note: This kit is designed as a direct replace for the stock charging system on 2004-2006 Dyna Models. No primary chain alignment should be necessary
9) Install outer primary and other parts removed.
††††††††††† Note: Donít forget to add oil on wet clutch models.
Remove Old Regulator
1) Unplug both regulator plugs
2) Unbolt two ľ-20 Allen screws and remove regulator.
Install New Regulator
1) Mount new regulator. Reuse Allen screws.
2) Reconnect both regulator plugs
3) Start motor. Test battery voltage. Voltage should run 14.2 to 14.6 depending on what model you have.
Have A Good Ride!!