The CE-8010-07 is designed to replace the stock stator on 2007 Dyna & Softail models.
These are generalized instructions and are not intended to be all-inclusive. For more detail on your model see service manual.
1) Disconnect negative battery terminal.
2) Drain primary case oil on wet clutch models.
3) Remove outer primary cover.
6) Consult appropriate service manual and remove compensator sprocket.
††††††††††† Note: After several thousand miles it may be possible to remove the compensator sprocket and chain adjustor shoe without removing the clutch. Caution: Do not put excessive side force on chain.
7) Unplug the stator from the regulator. Remove the plastic plug housing from the stator wire. First remove the lock tab than use a small probe to unlatch the retaining clip and pull the wires out. Save the plug housing for reassembly.
†8) Remove the 4 stator-mounting screws. From the out side of the case, push the protruding lip of the stator wire grommet into the engine case using a small flat blade screw diver. Pull the wires through the case while removing the stator.
1) Feed the stator wire through the case.† Pull the grommet through the case until the first lip protrudes.
2) Mount the stator to the engine case with new mounting screws (supplied). Screws have thread-locking compound already applied. Torque screws to 30-40 in-lbs.
3) Install stator wires into plug housing. Insert wire in hole #1 #2 and #3. Push in until terminal snaps in. after all three wires are fully inserted install the orange locking clip.
2) Install any variable thickness shims removed during disassembly
3) Install compensator sprocket with chain adjuster shoe, and clutch if removed.
4) Adjust primary chain.
5) Check primary chain alignment.
6) Install outer primary and other parts removed.
††††††††††† Note: Donít forget to add oil on wet clutch models.
5) Connect stator to regulator plug.
6) Reconnect battery and start motor. Test voltage at the battery. Battery voltage should run between.14.2 to 14.6.
Have A Good Ride!!