The CE-8010-08 is a replacement stator for 2008 and later Dyna & Softial models. These are generalized instructions and are not intended to be all-inclusive. For more detail see a service manual on your model.
1) Disconnect negative battery terminal.
2) Drain primary case oil.
3) Remove outer primary cover.
4) Consult appropriate service manual and remove compensator sprocket.
6) Remove the rotor.
7) Unplug the regulator from the stator.
8) Remove the 4 stator-mounting screws.
From the out side of the case, push the protruding lip of the stator wire grommet into the engine case using a small flat blade screw diver. Pull the wires through the case while removing the stator.
1) Feed the stator wire through the case. Aligned the posts on the base of the sealing grommet to be parallel with the case. Pull the grommet through the case until the first lip protrudes.
2) Mount the stator to the engine case with new mounting screws supplied. Screws have thread-locking compound already applied. Torque screws to 50-70 in-lbs.
3) Connect the stator plug to the regulator. Install retaining clip.
When installing the rotor, keep fingers away from edge. The magnetic force may cause rotor to suddenly be drawn inward and could pinch fingers if in the way.
5) Install rotor slowly. Take care not to let the magnets hit the stator. Do not let the rotor snap in to place or magnet damage may occur.
6) Install outer primary and other parts removed.
7) Add oil to primary case.
Have A Good Ride!!
For complete product listing and technical information see our web site.