The CE-8012 is a replacement stator for 2006 and later FLH-FLT
These are generalized instructions and are not intended to be all-inclusive. For more detail see a service manual on your model.
1) Disconnect negative battery terminal.
2) Drain primary case oil.
3) Remove outer primary cover.
4) Consult appropriate service manual and remove compensator sprocket.
Note: After several thousand miles it may be possible to remove the compensator sprocket and chain adjustor shoe without removing the clutch. Caution: Do not put excessive side force on chain.
5) On 2006 and earlier remove the output shaft extension. Take note of all shims and spacers between output shaft extension and rotor.
6) Remove the rotor.
7) Unplug regulator from stator.
8) Remove 4 stator-mounting screws. From the out side of the case, push the protruding lip of the stator wire grommet into the engine case using a small flat blade screw diver. Pull the wires through the case while removing the stator.
1) Feed the stator wire through the case. Aligned the posts on the base of the sealing grommet to be parallel with the case. Pull the grommet through the case until the first lip protrudes.
2) Mount the stator to the engine case with new mounting screws supplied. Screws have thread-locking compound already applied. Torque screws to 50-70 in-lbs.
3) Connect the stator plug to the regulator.
When installing the rotor, keep fingers away from edge. The magnetic force may cause rotor to suddenly be drawn inward and could pinch fingers if in the way.
5) Install rotor slowly. Take care not to let the magnets hit the stator. Do not let the rotor snap in to place or magnet damage may occur.
6) Install shims removed in step 6 of removal.
7) Install compensator sprocket with chain adjuster
Shoe, and clutch if removed.
8) Adjust primary chain on models without automatic chain adjuster.
9) Check primary chain alignment.
10) Install outer primary and other parts removed.
11) Add oil to primary case.
Have A Good Ride!!
For complete product listing and technical information see our web site.