CYCLE ELECTRIC INC
22 Amp Stator
These are generalized instructions and are not intended to be all-inclusive. For more detail on your model see service manual.
1) Disconnect negative battery terminal.
2) Drain primary case oil on wet clutch models.
3) Remove outer primary cover.
4) Consult appropriate service manual and remove compensator sprocket.
Note: After several thousand miles it may be possible to remove the compensator sprocket and chain adjustor shoe without removing the clutch. Caution: Do not put excessive side force on chain.
5) Remove output shaft extension. Take note of all shims and spaces between output shaft extension and rotor.
6) Remove rotor and all spacers under rotor.
Note: It may be necessary to remove the inner primary on earlier models.
7) Unplug regulator from stator
8) Remove 4 stator mounting screws. Remove 2 stator plug clamp screws. Remove stators.
1) Install stator plug and plug clamp in case. Use lock-tight 222 purple on clamp screws.
2) Mount stator to engine case with new mounting screws (supplied). Screws have thread-locking compound already applied. Torque screws to 30-40 in-lbs.
1- Install small diameter .095” shim on output shaft before rotor.
2- Install rotor on output shaft.
3- 1970-1990 Place large 2.81” O.D. x .219” thick shim on output shaft after rotor.
1991-later FLT and FXR use a .249 thick shim on output shaft after rotor.
1991-later Softtail and Dyna models no spacer washers are used on out side of rotor.
4- All models-add necessary variable thickness shims to achieve proper primary chain alignment.
5- Install inner primary if removed.
6- Install compensator sprocket with chain adjuster shoe, and clutch if removed.
7- Adjust primary chain.
8- Check primary chain alignment.
9- Install outer primary and other parts removed.
9) Connect regulator plug to stator, on rubber mount models keep wires away from front motor mount. It moves and can damage wires.
Note: Don’t forget to add oil on wet clutch models.
Have A Good Ride!!