The CE-82T is a three phase charging system designed to fit all 2007 Dyna models as a direct replacement for stock. Will fit 2006 Dyna models as an upgrade.
These are generalized instructions and are not intended to be all-inclusive. For more detail see a service manual on your model.
1) Disconnect negative battery terminal.
2) Drain primary case oil.
3) Remove outer primary cover.
4) Consult appropriate service manual and remove compensator sprocket.
5) Remove rotor.
6) Unplug regulator from stator and remove plastic plug receptacle from stator side. Use a small needle nose pliers to remove the orange lock clip from inside the plug. Then use a same small screwdriver to release the locking tab and remove each wire from the plug receptacle one at a time. Save plastic plug receptacle for reassembly.
7) Remove 4 stator-mounting screws. From the out side of the case, push the protruding lip of the stator wire grommet into the engine case using a small flat blade screw diver. Pull the wires through the case while removing the stator.
2) Mount stator to engine case with new mounting screws (supplied). Screws have thread-locking compound already applied. Torque screws to 30-40 in-lbs.
3) Install stator wires into plug housing. Insert wires in hole #1 #2 and #3. It dose not matter which wire goes in which hole. Push in until terminal snaps in. after all three wires are fully inserted install the orange locking clip.
4) Install rotor slowly. Take care not to let the magnets hit the stator. Do not let the rotor snap in to place or magnet damage may occur.
9) Install outer primary and other parts removed.
††††††††††† Note: Donít forget to add oil on wet clutch models.
Remove Old Regulator
1) Unplug both regulator plugs
2) Unbolt two ľ-20 Allen screws and remove regulator.
Install New Regulator
1) Mount new regulator. Reuse Allen screws.
2) Reconnect both regulator plugs
3) Start motor. Test battery voltage. Voltage should run 14.2 to 14.6.
Have A Good Ride!!