The CE-84T-07 is designed to replace the stock charging system on 2007/2008 FLH-FLT Twin Cam models.
These are generalized instructions and are not intended to be all-inclusive. For more detail see a service manual on your model.
1) Disconnect negative battery terminal.
2) Drain primary case oil.
3) Remove outer primary cover.
4) Consult appropriate service manual and remove compensator sprocket clutch and inner primary case.
5) Remove the rotor.
6) Remove the 4 stator-mounting screws.
From the out side of the case, push the protruding lip of the stator wire grommet into the engine case using a small flat blade screw diver. Pull the wires through the case while removing the stator.
1) Feed the stator wire through the case. Aligned the posts on the base of the sealing grommet to be parallel with the case. Pull the grommet through the case until the first lip protrudes.
2) Mount the stator to the engine case with the new mounting screws supplied. The screws have thread-locking compound already applied. Torque the screws to 50-70 in-lbs.
When installing the rotor, keep fingers away from the edge. The magnetic force may cause the rotor to suddenly be drawn inward and could pinch fingers if in the way.
4) Install the rotor slowly. Take care not to let the magnets hit the stator. Do not let the rotor snap in to place or magnet damage may occur.
Note: no shims are used under the rotor on Twin Cam models.
5) Install shims removed in step 6 of removal.
6) Install inner primary case, compensator sprocket and clutch.
7) Install outer primary and other parts removed.
8) Add oil to primary case.
Remove Old Regulator
1) Remove the two-¼ 20 nuts that hold the regulator on.
2) Remove the wire clamps and save for reassembly.
3) Lift the regulator off the mounting studs and tilt it forward to access the wire connections.
3) Remove the locking clips and disconnect the stator and battery plugs.
Install New Regulator
Note: The stator and battery plugs can be connected before or after the regulator is mounted on the bike. If you do not have a lift it may be easier to connect the wires before mounting the regulator.
1) Remove the retaining clips from the stator and battery connectors on the new regulator. Save them for reassembly.
2) Place the regulator on the mounting studs. The regulator should sit directly on the frame. Reuse the old wire claps. Install them on top of the regulator mounting foot. Reuse the stock ¼’ nuts to fasten the regulator to the frame.
3) Connect the stator and battery plugs.
4) Install one plug-retaining clip on each plug.
5) Check the routing of all wires to be sure they are not in a vulnerable position. Keep wires away from exhaust pipes and moving parts. Be sure wires are not in the very bottom of lower frame or they will get pinched if you bottom out.
6) Start the motor and check battery voltage. Battery voltage should run 14.4 to 14.6 volts.
Have A Good Ride!!
For complete product listing and technical information see our web site.