The CE-84T-10 is designed to replace the stock charging system on 2009-10 FLH-FLT Twin Cam models.
These are generalized instructions and are not intended to be all-inclusive. For more detail see a service manual on your model.
1) Disconnect negative battery terminal.
2) Drain primary case oil.
3) Remove outer primary cover.
4) Consult appropriate service manual and remove compensator sprocket clutch and inner primary case.
5) Remove the rotor.
6) Remove the 4 stator-mounting screws.
From the out side of the case, push the protruding lip of the stator wire grommet into the engine case using a small flat blade screw diver. Pull the wires through the case while removing the stator.
1) Feed the stator wire through the case. Align the posts on the base of the sealing grommet to be parallel with the case. Pull the grommet through the case until the first lip protrudes.
2) Mount the stator to the engine case with the new mounting screws supplied. The screws have thread-locking compound already applied. Torque the screws to 50-70 in-lbs.
When installing the rotor, keep fingers away from the edge. The magnetic force may cause the rotor to suddenly be drawn inward and could pinch fingers if in the way.
4) Install the rotor slowly. Take care not to let the magnets hit the stator. Do not let the rotor snap in to place or magnet damage may occur.
6) Install inner primary case.
7) Consult an appropriate service manual for the proper assembly of the compensator sprocket and clutch.
7) Install outer primary and other parts removed.
8) Add oil to primary case.
The CE-608 regulator is designed for use on 2009-2013 FLH-FLT with the stock oil cooler.
Remove Old Regulator
1) Remove the oil cooler cover. Remove the two Button head TORX screws located below the oil cooler. This will allow the oil cooler to shift out of the way allowing access to the regulator mounting bolts. Leave the oil lines connected.
2) Remove the two-¼ 20 nuts that hold the regulator on.
3) Lift the regulator off the mounting studs and tilt it forward to access the wire connections.
4) Remove the locking clips and disconnect the stator and battery plugs.
Install New Regulator
1) Reattach the oil cooler with the two button head torx bolts removed in step 1 above. Leave the cover off.
2) Remove the 4” long ¾ ID black tubes from the hard ware package that came with the new regulator. This will be used to straighten the bend in the right side oil line where it went over the old regulator. This will give clearance for the oil line to go under the new regulator. This is the oil line that connects to the front port on the oil filter plate. Use two fingers to open the slit in the tube then slip it over the oil line on the section that runs left to right. This will straighten the downward bend in the oil line. Secure the tube with two zip ties supplied about one inch from each end.
3) Remove the retaining clips from the stator and battery connectors on the new regulator. Save them for reassembly.
4) The new regulator will attach to the back side of the cross bracket located about half way down the front frame tubes. Position the regulator so the ¼ -20 mounting holes line up behind the holes in the cross bracket. Using the ¼-20x ¾ allen head cap screws supplied, install a flat washer then a rubber washer on each bolt. Install one bolt in each hole and tighten.
5) Connect the stator and battery plugs.
6) Install one plug-retaining clip on each plug.
7) Start the motor and check battery voltage. Battery voltage should run 14.4 to 14.6 volts.
Have A Good Ride!!
For complete product listing and technical information see our web site.