The CE-87T is designed to replace the stock charging system on 2012-2017 Dyna models.
These are generalized instructions and are not intended to be all-inclusive. For more detail see a service manual on your model.
1) Disconnect negative battery terminal.
2) Drain the primary case oil.
3) Remove the outer primary cover.
4) Consult an appropriate service manual and remove the compensator sprocket and clutch.
5) Remove the inner primary case.
6) Remove the rotor.
7) Remove the 4 stator-mounting screws.
From the out side of the case, push the protruding lip of the stator wire grommet into the engine case using a small flat blade screw diver. Pull the wires through the case while removing the stator.
1) Feed the stator wire through the case. Aligned the posts on the base of the sealing grommet to be parallel with the case. Pull the grommet through the case until the first lip protrudes.
2) Mount the stator to the engine case with the new mounting screws supplied. The screws have thread-locking compound already applied. Torque the screws to 50-70 in-lbs.
When installing the rotor, keep fingers away from the edge. The magnetic force may cause the rotor to suddenly be drawn inward and could pinch fingers if in the way.
4) Install the rotor slowly. Take care not to let the magnets hit the stator. Do not let the rotor snap in to place or magnet damage may occur.
5) Install the inner primary case.
6) Install the clutch and compensator.
7) Install the outer primary case. Add primary oil.
Remove Old Regulator
1) Remove the two-¼ 20 cap head screws that hold the regulator on.
2) Lift the regulator out and tilt it forward to access the wire connections.
3) Remove the locking clips and disconnect the stator and battery plugs.
Install New Regulator
1) Remove the retaining clips from the stator and battery connectors on the new regulator. Save them for reassembly.
2) Connect the stator and battery plugs.
3) Install one plug-retaining clip on each plug.
4) Bolt the regulator in place using the stock cap head screws.
6) Start the motor and check battery voltage. Battery voltage should run 14.4 to 14.6 volts.
Have A Good Ride!!
For complete product listing and technical information see our web site.