CYCLE ELECTRIC INC
When replacing stator you will need to reuse the stock stator plug housing. If installing this stator on motors without stock 32-amp stator you will need a plug housing.
These are generalized instructions and are not intended to be all-inclusive. For more detail on your model see service manual.
1) Disconnect negative battery terminal.
2) Drain primary case oil.
3) Remove outer primary cover.
4) Consult appropriate service manual and remove compensator sprocket.
††††††††††† Note: After several thousand miles it may be possible to remove the compensator sprocket and chain adjustor shoe without removing the clutch. Caution: Do not put excessive side force on chain.
5) Remove output shaft extension. Take note of all shims and spaces between output shaft extension and rotor.
6) Remove rotor.
7) Unplug regulator from stator. Remove the stator plug housing. Remove the blue secondary lock Use a small hook or long #6 wood screw in the small hole in the middle. The secondary lock tab will pull out. Using a small screwdriver release the terminal locking tab and remove each wire one at a time. Save the plug housing for reassembly
8) Remove 4 stator-mounting screws. Remove 2 stator plug clamp screws. Remove stators.
1) Install stator plug and plug clamp in case. Use lock-tight 222 purple on clamp screws.
2) Mount stator to engine case with the new mounting screws supplied. Screws have thread-locking compound already applied. Torque screws to 30-40 in-lbs.
3) Insert stator plug terminals in to the stator plug housing removed in step 8. Push in until they click into place. Reinstall blue secondary lock.
4) Connect the stator/regulator plug.
5) Install rotor.
Note: Twin Cam models do not use shims under the rotor.
6) Add stock shims removed in step 6.†††
7) Install output shaft extension.
8) Install compensator sprocket with chain adjuster shoe, and clutch if removed.
9) Adjust primary chain.
10) Check primary chain alignment.
11) Install outer primary and other parts removed.
††††††††††† Note: Donít forget to add oil on wet clutch models.
Have A Good Ride!!
For complete product listing and technical information see our web site.